There is so much to love about this time of year! The falling leaves, the cozy sweaters... The pumpkin spiced lattes. It’s time to say “farewell” to summer’s iced coffee, and “hello” to Gilmore Girls and gourd-geous decor.
Ready to get into the spirit of fall with us? These coffee recipes will do just the trick! Spoiler alert: we even have a yummy iced coffee recipe for those who enjoy this beverage all year round.
From cold brew coffee to the classic fall coffee - pumpkin spice latte, we have you set. Here are our go-to coffee recipes for when the weather starts turning and the leaves browning.
3 Cozy Fall Coffee Recipes
Is it even fall if you haven’t dedicated the whole season to a fancy coffee order? Whether it’s the latest TikTok trend or something you saw online, cozying up your go-to java is always recommended. Here are our favorite fall coffee recipes.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Is it even fall yet if you haven't ordered a pumpkin spice latte? When Starbucks starts whipping out the PSLs, you know it's time to bring out the sweaters. With this coffee recipe, you won't have to leave the house or wait in any lines. In a few steps, you can enjoy the toasty flavors from the comfort of your couch.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso, or very strongly brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons sweetened whipped cream
How to make your pumpkin spice latte:
- Gather and measure out your ingredients
- Add your unsweetened pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla and espresso to a small pot.
- Bring to a simmer on a medium low flame and whisk occasionally until your pumpkin puree has been incorporated and the sugar and spices have dissolved.
- Add your milk to a second pot or to a microwave safe jar and heat just enough to warm through.
- Whisk the milk vigorously until it begins to foam or froth. Alternately, if you have a milk frother wand, you can use this to create the foam desired.
- Pour your hot coffee mixture into a mug and then pour in your frothy milk.
- Top with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon, if desired (however, we can recommend!).
Caramel Iced Coffee
Even though it’s fall, that doesn’t mean you can’t have something cold and delicious. After seeing this coffee recipe, you’ll be craving a caramel iced coffee all season long. You still get those yummy comforting flavors of the fall season, but with some extra refreshment too.
- 1 1/2 cups strong hot brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce, plus a little extra for garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar, to taste
- coffee ice cubes or regular will work too
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk or half-and-half
- whipped cream, for garnish (optional - but super delicious)
- ground cinnamon, for garnish (optional - but it is FALL!)
How to make your caramel iced coffee:
- After your coffee is finished brewing and is hot and fresh, pour 1 1/2 cups into a measuring cup. Stir in your caramel sauce. If you add the caramel sauce straight into the measuring cup, and you are using a 2 cup measuring cup, pour in the Caramel Syrup until it reaches 1 3/4 cup with the coffee. Stir well.
- Add your sugar and stir again until all sugar and caramel sauce is completely dissolved.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill until cold.
- When it's time to serve, divide your coffee mixture between two chilled glasses filled with ice (tip: ice cubes made using coffee are excellent here)
- Add your milk or half-and-half to top the glass.
- Garnish with your whipped cream and ground cinnamon and enjoy!
Honey Cinnamon Cold Brew Coffee
If you haven’t tried cold brew coffee yet, here’s your chance. This type of coffee is often smoother and naturally sweeter than normal coffee - the perfect treat for a comfy day in. You’ll also be able to enjoy more chocolatey flavors. It’s gaining popularity fast, and once you give it a go you will understand why. We love this unique fall coffee recipe.
FOR THE SIMPLE SYRUP:
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup honey
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
How to make your honey cinnamon cold brew coffee:
TO MAKE THE SIMPLE SYRUP:
Add your water, honey and cinnamon sticks to a small saucepan. Set the pan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, until the honey has completely dissolved into the water. Let the mixture just come to a boil, then turn down the heat and let it simmer gently for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture cool completely then remove the cinnamon sticks (and discard).
- Store the syrup in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Add some ice cubes to your serving glass. Pour in your cold brew coffee. Add in the desired amount of milk and honey cinnamon simple syrup, then mix to combine. Sprinkle the top with a touch of cinnamon. Serve immediately and enjoy.
We hope you enjoy trying these fall coffee recipes - there is something for every coffee lover to enjoy here. Whenever you taste those enchanting flavors of fall, we hope you’ll think of us.
One more thing...When it comes to serving your favorite fall coffee, Celebrimo’s range of mugs and wine glasses are perfect! Browse online or on Amazon and take your pick.